What is High Meadow?
High Meadow is a 150-acre, private resort located in North Granby, CT.

Is High Meadow open to the public?
No, each day is reserved well in advance by either one very large group for exclusive-use, or by several smaller groups for shared-use.

What types of events do you host at High Meadow?
We host company picnics, union outings, school trips, family reunions, church picnics and any other group event with at least 50 adult guests (ages 12 and up).

How many people can High Meadow accommodate?
High Meadow can host groups of up to 3,500 guests per day.

What are your days and hours of operation?
High Meadow hosts groups daily from late April until late September or early October. Hours of operation are usually any 4 to 7 hours between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm depending on the client's needs. Saturday and Sunday events are typically from 10 am to 5 pm.

What does the price include?
Your price will include all food, entertainment and facilities that are part of your particular outing packa

What is NOT included in the price?
Sometimes there are optional features available that are not part of the package price, for instance, horseback riding and alcohol service.

Does High Meadow provide transportation for groups?
No, each group must arrange for their own form of transportation.

Can I visit High Meadow to see if it will serve the needs of my group?
Yes, however you must contact one of our Managers and make arrangements for the date and time of your visit.

How do I make a reservation for my group?
Please contact us by phone or email to make your reservation. An outing contract will be mailed to you and a reservation deposit required with the return of the signed contract. If your contract and deposit are not returned within the time specified, you may lose your reservation date.

What forms of payment are accepted?
From private groups such as family reunions and churches, we accept payment by bank check, money order, MasterCard or VISA. From companies we accept company checks, bank checks, MasterCard or VISA. From schools we accept school checks, bank checks, money orders, MasterCard or VISA.

Are pets allowed at High Meadow?
Pets are not allowed on the premises due to food safety regulations - with the exception of service dogs for the disabled.

What if it rains the day of the event?
We host events in all kinds of weather, so if rain is forecast on the day or your event, come on out anyhow because we will be there (and what else are you going to do on a rainy day?). Our staff is experienced in "switching gears" for those inevitable days and will work even harder than usual to provide your group with a great day of fun.

What do guests need to bring with them?
Guests should bring bathing suits, towels and tennis equipment (if they are planning to swim and play tennis, that is). High Meadow provides all other sporting equipment. Guests should also dress appropriately for the weather and bring sunscreen if desired. And of course, a fun attitude will ensure a terrific experience.

Are guests allowed to bring alcohol into the resort?
No. Under the terms of our Connecticut State liquor license, the customer may not bring their own alcohol.

My group is tax exempt. Do we have to pay the Connecticut Sales Tax?
The CT Dept. of Revenue Services has established special rules with regard to purchases of "meals". We are happy to supply your group with the specific information needed to complete the exemption process. If your organization is based in Connecticut, you must provide proof of either CT sales tax exemption status (with an "E" permit), or Federal tax exemption status with a US Treasury Letter showing 501c3 exemption. If your organization is based outside of Connecticut, then you must provide proof of Federal exemption status with a US Treasury Letter showing 501c3 exemption. Connecticut will not recognize any New York, Massachussets or other out-of-state exemption permits, but will honor Federal tax exempt status. Once exemption status has been proven, there is a particular CT exemption form that must be completed. We can assist you with the proper form.